2019 SCHOLARSHIP NOTICE – REVISION 0
Seattle, WA – The Seattle Section of AACE International (American Association of Cost Engineering
International) the Authority for Total Cost Management, announces the opening of the 2019
Scholarship Award Program for college students.
Three (3) Scholarship Awards will be given – $1,500, $1,000, $500.
Applications due Friday, March 3rd, 2019.
1. Residency – Applicants must be Washington State residents at the time of application. Proof
of residency can be a Washington State driver’s license, or current voter registration, or utility
bills for the past two billing periods.
2. Eligible Academic Programs – Academic programs that qualify for the Seattle Section AACE
International Scholarship Program;
Building Construction Business Administration Building Construction Building Environment
Computer Science and/or Information Technology Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, all
Other relevant programs (subject to Seattle Section AACE International Board approval)
3. Eligible Colleges – Washington State Colleges or Universities with Eligible Academic Programs.
4. Matriculation Status – Undergraduates who have declared a major in one of the above eligible
programs, and subject to acceptance into that program.
5. Academics – The undergraduate student must have been accepted to an eligible program and have
attained at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale with transcript.
6. Recommendation – The student must provide a letter of recommendation from their academic
program or other non-related professional attesting to the applicant’s character.
7. Essay – A one-page (front & back ok) 500-word or less essay that describes the applicant’s
ith any statement of financial need (see Application attached).
Criteria for Evaluation:
GPA – 100 points Recommendation – 100 points Career Goals – 200 points Financial Need – 100 points
8. Payment of Award – The award shall be paid to the College or University as a credit towards
the student’s tuition and/or related expenses.
Post-marked no-later-than Friday, March 3, 2019.
Anticipated Date of Award:
Thursday, April 11, 2019 at the AACE Seattle Section meeting.
Applications Should Be Addressed to:
AACE International – Seattle Section
c/o Victoria Flores – Director of Education 29674 129th Place SE
Auburn, WA 98092
* * * *
If you would like more information about AACE International, please see –
For more information about the Seattle Section of AACE International, please see –